The Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies
The Amsterdam Brain and Cognition Center
The University of Amsterdam
Jorge Mejias, Simon van Gaal, Cyriel Pennartz
June 20th 2022 – July 1st 2022
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The 2022 ABC Summer School will present the selected students with the opportunity to dive into these topics during a 12-day full-time programme, from the hand of world-renowned experts from the fields of neuroscience, psychology and AI. Lectures from local, national and international experts will be complemented by hands-on workshops and tutorials, where students will learn to apply some of the contents covered in the lectures aided by experienced tutors. The School will wrap up with a Symposia on ‘Computations in Consciousness and Perception’ with distinguished lecturers and the participation of students, lecturers and tutors.
- Sander Bohte, Center for Mathematics and Informatics, the Netherlands
- Gustavo Deco, Pompeu Fabra University, Spain
- Athena Demertzi, University of Liege, Belgium
- Simon van Gaal, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Matthew Larkum, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
- Marcello Massimini, University of Milan, Italy
- Lucia Melloni, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Jorge Mejias, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Cyriel Pennartz, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Walter Senn, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Claire Sergent, NeuroSpin, France
- Christopher Summerfield, University of Oxford, UK
- Iris Groen, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The ABC Summer School will take place at different locations across the city of Amsterdam. Several workshops and other activities will be hosted at the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences.
Who can apply
The School is open to local and international students, with students from the Master in Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Amsterdam having a preference for allocation. Students will be able to take this School for credits (4 ECTS). The official language of the School, including all lectures and activities, will be English.
Fees, application process and deadlines
Students who are enrolled in an EU Master's programme will be credited with 4 ECTS upon successful completion of the ABC Summer School. They can participate in the ABC Summer School and join the closing ABC Symposium free of charge. For non-EU students or interested others who are not currently enrolled in a Master's programme, a fee of 395 euros applies. This fee covers both the ABC Summer School and the ABC Symposium.
Registration was possible until 1 May.
For any questions regarding the programme, please contact the School coordinators via firstname.lastname@example.org.