Social Cognition and the Brain
Social Neuroscience is a fast-growing research field that is dedicated to understanding the neurobiological mechanisms that govern cognition and affect during social interactions. As a highly interdisciplinary field, Social Neuroscience draws on methodological approaches and theories from Social Psychology, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, as well as Behavioral Economics. Its success is exemplified by its ever-expanding influence on other fields, such as Psychiatry. The goal of the current summer school is to bring together world-leading experts that share recent advances from their particular sub-field of Social Neuroscience and together identify future frontiers of the field.
18 - 29 June 2018
|Application deadline||1 May 2018|
The ABC Summer School “Social Cognition and the Brain” includes:
- Eight Master Classes from a renowned expert in the field of sleep research
- Guidance by a designated tutor in performing a small research project
- International symposium:
- Lecture from the Visiting Honorary Chair in Cognitive Science
- Socials, including an opportunity to meet the Visiting Honorary Chair in Cognitive Science personally
- 4 EC after completion of the Summer School
The ABC Summer School is open to Master's students and PhD candidates in in fields relating to cognitive (neuros)science, neuroscience, cognitive psychology, cognitive science, etc.
The ABC Summer School is an annual event organized by the interdisciplinary Research Master's Brain and Cognitive Sciences.
This video of the ABC Summer School held in 2014 will give you an impression what you can expect of this year.
- 4 ECTS, 2 weeks
- Language of instruction
- Starts in